To perform the Prepare to Remove task:
- Ensure that there is no I/O traffic running on the PCIe SSD.
- Expand the Storage tree object to display the storage component objects.
- Expand the PCIe SSD SubSystem object.
- Expand the PCIe SSD Extender object, if applicable.
- Expand the Enclosure (Backplane) object.
- Select the Physical Devices object.
- Select the Prepare To Remove from the Available Tasks drop-down menu task.
- Click Execute. The following warning message is displayed:
“Warning: Are you sure you want to prepare the physical device for removal?”
- Select Prepare to Remove Physical Device to proceed or select Go Back to previous page to cancel the operation.